New pattern in the shop perfect for Fall and Winter...the Ava Blouse.
As always, thank you thank you for the support and understanding.
Sewing for Summer 2012
I've had this idea in my head for quite some time now and am so excited to finally share it with you all. I'm hosting a contest! And a big one to boot. I want to see what clothing you've been sewing using Too Sweets patterns. I know that summer is usually the off-season for sewing; between the kids being out of school, days at the pool and vacation, sewing is easily thrown to the back burner. I thought this might be a fun way to keep the motivation rolling.
This is how it will work:
1) Sew an outfit using Too Sweets patterns (top and shorts, dress, etc). It must be an entire outfit.
2) Photograph your child, or whomever the clothing belongs to, wearing their one of a kind outfit.
3) Post your photo to the Too Sweets Facebook Wall (you will need to become a follower to do this).
4) Tell your friends to visit the Too Sweets page and 'Like' your photo
1st Place / the photo with the most 'Likes' will receive:
the entire collection of Too Sweets Patterns
(that's 46 patterns total!)
(via PayPal. so you can buy yourself some new fabric, or that new cutting mat you want, or a six pack of rotary blades....or snow cones for the entire summer ;)
2nd Place / the photo with the second most 'Likes' will receive:
20 Too Sweets patterns of choice
You may submit your photos now until Saturday, June 30. Winners will be announced here and on Facebook July 1. If you need some ideas or would like to refresh your memory of what patterns are available, you can visit the shop here.
I absolutely cannot wait to see your lovely submissions. Now, let's get to sewing!
One of my favorite summer things is...
...pineapple! And did you know, I've been doing pineapple wrong my entire life? Over the weekend we ran to the grocery store for some last minute brunch items, a pineapple being one of them. They were out, but the grocer kindly offered to grab a box from the back for us. Little did we know that with our fresh pineapple we would also receive a pineapple lesson! Here's what we learned:
Can you believe it is June? My baby turns one year old in a mere eight days and I can hardly even fathom her infant days coming to an end. Toddlerhood, I'm sad for you but ready nonetheless.
We laid our sod and it's ready to play and jump and run and roll and lay on. We spent an hour or so laying on these blankets last night, throwing a ball around and enjoying the warm breeze. It was heavenly.
Summer is officially here! Do you have any plans?
*We found this super old Polaroid camera at my in-laws a couple of days ago. I am so excited it still works and can't wait to buy more film for it.
lusting: gold stacking rings
I'm currently obsessing over gold stacking rings. Do you wear them? I feel like they should be the new bracelet. And seeing as how I could never quite incorporate the friendship bracelet arm candy back into my wardrobe, I'm feeling really good about these simple, versatile rings. They are so dainty and elegant.
What do you think?
(I may just need to order that set of ultra-thin bands. Find the knot ring here, and the diamond ring here.)
THROW A PARTY: FAVORITE THINGS
Are you on Instagram? Follow me @sophiemccurley
How has your holiday weekend been? We spent the day with friends lounging outside, swimming in kiddie pools and eating strawberry shortcake. We are so thankful for all who've sacrificed to provide us the freedom to live such wonderful lives.
Noted from this week:
- Thrifting has been insane lately! I'll be sharing a roundup soon of my latest finds.
- I need to get back into regular cooking. Dinners have not been the most nutritious around here. (Ahem, Trader Joe's Mandarin Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice)
- We laid our sod last Friday and it's been torture not running and playing and laying on it. Soon, though! We can't wait.
- My good friend Kirsten and I finally made it to Liberty Market this weekend. Have you been there? It was so charming and I'm already planning when I can take the family this week for lunch. (Kirsten got bread pudding that's made from cinnamon rolls - it was divine!)
- This strawberry shortcake is so, so good. The biscuits smell like shortbread there's so much butter.
- These are the perfect summer shorts. (I ordered them in brown and black, too.)
Anthro is KILLING IT with the throw pillows right now. These colorful, furry, textured pillows would look right at home on my sofa. They're all too perfect.
Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be dreaming of curling up on my couch, book in hand and my head resting on one of these beauties. (Reality: we're laying sod. Hard work. But so so happy to have a big grassy backyard just in time for summer!)
WHERE THE MAGIC HAPPENS
For the first time in over two years I finally have a dedicated sewing space. Something that isn't the kitchen table or my daughter's closet. Something that is mine to decorate and mess up as I please. Somewhere to leave half-finished projects until after dinner, or whenever I decide to get back to them. It. Is. Heaven.
Can I show you a few photos?